Innovative Programs. Impacting Lives.
The Providence Center is at the forefront of innovative approaches to behavioral health care designed to meet the changing needs of the more than 12,000 Rhode Islanders it serves each year. Since The Providence Center opened its doors in 1969, it has been a community resource, providing people from all walks of life with mental health and substance use services in their homes, schools and neighborhoods.
Through over 40 programs and wraparound services, including food and housing, job training, legal services, primary health care and wellness activities, The Providence Center is committed to meeting the community's needs.
To help adults, adolescents and children affected by psychiatric
illnesses, emotional problems and addictions by providing treatment and
supportive services within a community setting.
A behavioral health care system in which every individual who needs
care will receive the broadest possible array of services, so that his
or her unique needs are met.
The Providence Center's core values reflect our belief in:
- A broad continuum of quality care that is patient centered, recovery oriented and innovative
- Recruitment and retention of caring, highly skilled staff
- Meeting essential community behavioral health needs
- Fiscal prudence and financial stability
- Compliance with all ethical and regulatory standards
- Sharing our behavioral health expertise through community collaborations and partnerships