Multisystemic Therapy (MST) addresses the complex clinical, social and educational challenges for adolescents who have been court involved, have a history of out-of-home placement and/or exhibit high-risk behavior.
MST focuses on the family's strengths to develop solutions:
- Goals are established by the family to promote positive, responsible behavior within the family.
- Families learn how to identify resources and skills to effectively monitor and discipline their children.
MST will help adolescents make positive improvements, often resulting in:
- Improved school performance
- Relationships with supportive peer groups
- Participation in positive recreational activities
MST will help families to develop a support network by:
- Involving teachers, school administrators and community groups in their children's treatment
- Coordinating with juvenile justice and child welfare systems, if needed